Freezin' my ninnies
The weather here has changed drastically over the last few weeks. The mid-afternoon sun can still be a scorcher but we no longer see temperatures rise into the 130’s and 140’s. A month ago you might get twenty minutes into a mission before your uniform was literally soaked through with sweat. Now I’m likely to get through four hours of patrolling without so much as a shiny forehead. It’s after dark in particular that the change of season is most evident. The temperature can drop forty degrees (and often does) in a matter of a few hours. We have once again resumed near-nightly campfires where several of us (wearing our famous fruit hats of course) sit around smoking cigars and staring stone-faced into the burning embers. It’s actually really refreshing, and being able to go outside and take in a crisp breath of air reminds us of home. Also, after more than seven months of completely clear skies clouds have begun to form again. Finally there are sunrises and sunsets that are worth a damn.
Though it’s cooled off, we have not come to the rainy season quite yet. In my opinion, the longer the rain holds off the better. I’m not looking forward to days spent slogging through the mud.


1 Comments:
Ok laughing so hard because I thought I was the only one who called them ninnies.
Joney
Post a Comment
<< Home