Saturday, June 18, 2005


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
As many of you know we currently have an enormous number of boxes lining our hallway. Each one is filled with shoes and clothing which we often give out to the local children. The writing on one box in particular caught my eye the other day. A family member back home had identified the contents for me by writing "Mixed shoes and very special hats," on the side of it. I was immediately curious to know what a "very special hat" looked like. I reached in I pulled out a half dozen wool hats, all resembling a specific fruit with even a stem included. The boys thought they were hilarious. Everyone yelled that they wanted one. We even wore them under our helmets as we drove to chow. I think they were intending for Iraqi children but I think the soldiers have grown attached to them. I'm going to have a hard time getting them to give them up. Luckily (I guess) it's so damn hot over here that I doubt the kids are looking for wool hats at the moment. I'll let the boys keep them over the summer and worry about getting them back when it cools down enough that wool fruit hats are back in style with the locals.

Photo taken by Ryan

2 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say the style is very suiting for you all! :)
You guys are a crack up! I bet all the other soldiers are jealous now and will want them too, maybe a new style will take off?
nikki

 
At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...sporting the latest in U.S camo headwear, this picture re-inforces new intel that, increasingly, efforts by our armed forces in Iraq are proving unusually fruitful? ...sorry, Uncle Petee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home