Monday, February 21, 2005

More soon

For the next week or so posting is going to be pretty light. The tents I'm living in for the time being are a bus ride away from the internet cafe and I'm not going to be able to make the trip all that often. Unfortunately it is also going to be difficult to answer all of my emails, so please be patient with me. When we move into our barracks my platoon is planning on paying to have internet access installed in our rooms. At which point, it's on. If I can roll out of bed and get online I'll be posting more than most of you will want to read. As for pictures, right now I have no way to plug in my laptop (which has the program I require). That problem will also be solved with the move, however. Everyone here is doing well and we look forward to finally unpacking and beginning our new lives here. I'm happy to report that we've finally found a bathroom with hot showers and toilets that flush. Things are looking up already.

3 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Joey!

Matt has been keeping me informed of your whereabouts. I finally remembered the name of your site, so I took a look for myself! You're a good writer! Fun to read your thoughts! Matt, Tommy and Michael are doing well. Michael is becoming more and more fun/interactive every day. He flirts with everyone when we go to the store -- much nicer than having him cry! I'm at work right now and procrastinating on getting stuff done. Well, I'll keep reading and living vicariously through your adventures!

Love,

Cornelia

 
At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings, Joey,
This is your Auntie Memmer writing from Vancouver,Canada. Like your other aunt I have been reading along your comments and viewing the photos. You have become a wonderful young man. I love your sensitivity to the children and the conversation with the doctor. You have a great attitude and I'm so proud of how well you are adapting. When you're settled let us know what you need. Kim and Lauren send their love and positive vibes. Love you lots and pray for you and the troops often, Marilyn

 
At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Hey Joe, Glad to hear you're settling in alright, and that they may even spoil you guys a little bit; can't do enough of that in my opinion!

I think we all realize that doing everything you can to stay safe and keep others alongside you that way, could make it difficult to post regularly and respond to e-mails as you'd normally like. So, I hope it's not inappropriate for me to say that everyone here is willing to wait a very long time for your communications if it will, in any way, better ensure getting you and our other heroes all back here safe and sound (i.e. don't let any of us at this end, in any way, cause you to "take your eye off the ball" during your time over there)! Love, Uncle Petee"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home