Incoming
On my first day at my new home there was a mortar attack. There is so much noise around here from passing aircraft, generators and construction machinery that I didn’t even here the Red Alert warning alarm. I guess some people from my unit actually saw where the mortar hit. Pretty scary. Some guys that have been here awhile told me that the attacks are less frequent recently. Mortars used to come in three or four times a day. Now that siren only sounds a few times a week. I know it sounds dangerous but, from what I’ve heard, the mortaring rarely results in casualties. It’s a big camp, and a lot of the rounds don’t even make it beyond the perimeter. Still, it’s a little unnerving but a fact of life here that we’re going to have to get used to.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home