Camels RIP
Not much to report in the last few days, other than some unit ended up shooting six camels at the range the other day. Four died and two are wounded. I was at a range nearby when we heard it over the radio. I'd imagine the leadership of that unit is in big trouble. Besides the obvious cruelty, those animals cost quite a bit of money (as I've written earlier, because of the exchange rate over here they can cost more than $30,000). I wonder if Uncle Sam has "camel deaths" written up in this year’s military budget, because all that money has to come out of someone's pocket.
It has been difficult to post pictures for the last few months, but I think later today or tomorrow I'm going to make the extra effort. Stay tuned.


1 Comments:
How very sad to see such cruelty! I have always admired your love for animals, Joe. You have ALWAYS had a tender heart toward even the smallest of creatures--like the lizards in Sunriver! I know your gentle, kind heart toward your soldier buddies and innocents you meet will be needed during your deployment...Love Momma xoxo
Post a Comment
<< Home