Saturday, December 25, 2004

Home at last: Merry Christmas

I left Texas and headed for home earlier this week. Since I've been back I've been spending every minute of my time with family and friends. It is so great to finally be home. Though I'm only going to be here for a short time, every minute I can spend with the people I love is one I'm thankful for. It just seems like there isn't enough time to do everything I'd like to and see everyone that I want to spend time with. Each day goes by so quickly that I'm already worrying about having to leave again. I try not to think about it. Instead I focus on the moment and grin like a goof ball that I'm actually here and that four months in Texas passed so quickly. I'm counting on my time in Iraq to go by just as quickly.

It's Christmas day and so far I've had an amazing time with my family. It feels good to know that at this moment every man in my unit is someplace with people that love them. These men deserve this two week retreat from our worries and our training. I hope that their loved ones are doing well and that everyone is making the most of this time; I sure know that I am.

Well, it's Christmas, and no one should be sitting in front of a computer reading my ramblings. Turn the damn thing off and go spend time with your family. Enjoy this holiday and don't let a moment go by without telling those around you that you love them. Happy Holidays!

3 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry xmas, Gozar, and thanks for the update--lots of us out here in blogland look forward to your posts. Be sure to tell Meat Bucket his fans in Brooklyn say hello!

 
At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Joey, merry christmas.
Did you get any toys?
It's your old buddy Andrew, give me a buzz while your in town if you've got time.

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Merry Belated Xmas from another Blogland reader. Hope the holiday was wonderful :) You've got lots of readers wishing you well out here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home