Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Freezing and napping

If you haven't seen the Texas/New Mexico weather report, let me assure you that it is freezing freakin' cold here. From Sunday to Monday we spent more than 24 hours outside on a mission with temperatures in the 20's through the night and morning. It sucked big time. For a short time it even snowed on us. When you're wearing every piece of cold weather clothing that you posses and are still shivering you know you're in for a long day.

Today our mission was quite different. Essentially we were a backup unit in case other units needed support. We were able to spend the day in our barracks resting and watching movies, ready to jump in our rigs and come to the rescue if need be. But thankfully, need didn't be. We never got the call. I feel rested and ready for whatever tomorrow's mission might be. As I have said (and will continue to say because I'm so damn excited) there are only a few more training days left on the schedule and then it's time to pack up and leave. We should also be getting a nice new pile of equipment very soon and I am looking forward to seeing what goodies they have for me. I have a wish list, but I don't want to jinx it by revealing it before it arrives. I guess this is how the Army celebrates Christmas. They give you new scopes for your rifles and new clothing and shoes. I'll let you know if they give us good stuff or a bunch of junk. Fingers crossed. This is the gear we take with us to Iraq, so it better be good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home