Off to the desert
Starting tomorrow morning my unit is beginning a "field training exercise" (FTX). Basically an FTX is just a camping trip with a bunch of guns and lots of bullets. I won't be able to post for the next four days or so, and will be unreachable by cell phone. I'm not sure yet whether to look forward to this trip or not. Most of the time you don't know whether a training exercise is going to suck or be fun until well after the thing begins. I have high hopes for this one though. We should be doing some pretty fun stuff. Word is we'll be clearing rooms with live rounds and shooting our rifles from moving vehicles. Probably doesn't sound like good news to my folks, but it is useful training (not always the case here) and will give us a chance to really do what we've been practicing. Don't worry friends and family, we will be very safe.
Anyway, I hope everyone has a good weekend and I'll be back to my regular (though sometimes infrequent) posting in just a few days.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home