Another soldier falls
Saturday morning Spc. David Johnson was killed in an IED attack in Baghdad. For the last two years Spc. Johnson had been a cook in our unit. Earlier this year he volunteered to go to Iraq with 2-162 as an infantryman. Both Johnson and myself enlisted in the Army on the same day on Nov. 2001. We both repeated our oath in the same room. I didn't know him very well, but I saw him often. He struck me as a really nice guy and a hard worker. He was often put in charge of completing tasks and proved himself to be a capable leader. The last time I spoke with him he was excited about the adventure he was about to begin serving his country in Iraq. My heart goes out to his family and friends. I hope that they know that many soldiers, both here in Texas and over in Iraq, mourn the loss of a good soldier and a great guy.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home