Back from R&R
The last 24 hours have been nice and relaxing. I got a chance to go to the Post Exchange (essentially a tiny mall for military personnel) and spent most of the night watching movies. Because so many people took their passes off post, I was able to finally sleep in a comfortable bed. Unbeknownst to the usual occupant of course. In the barracks all of the soldiers sleep in bunk beds. Only those with the rank of Sergeant and above get the privilege of sleeping on the bottom bunks. The rest of us are confined to the terrifying heights of the top bunks. And I'm not kidding about the height. These aren't your average childhood bunk beds. I sleep about 7+ feet off of the ground. One false move and I'll fall to my death in the night. Some guys have such a hard time getting up and down the damn things that they prefer to take their naps on the linoleum. But last night my friends and I slept where ever we damn well pleased. I didn't wake up until 8:00am, later than I've slept in awhile. I imagine I’ll have plenty of things to worry about when I finally get to Iraq, I hope a ridiculously high bed isn’t one of them.
Tomorrow we’re getting back to our training. I think the plan is to go to the range and mess around with the big guns, so that should be fun. For now it’s off to bed. Goodnight.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home