Here's to winning the battle of ideas
Here is a friend's description of his recent experience in Baghdad. Tom Palmer is a Senior Fellow at Cato Institute, a libertarian think-tank based in Washington D.C. Tom is a scholar whose work I greatly admire. It was interesting for me to hear his impressions of the political and philosophical climate in Iraq. As a soldier those are issues I unfortunately cannot delve into.
Coincidentally, we both happened to be in Baghdad on the same day. Unfortunately it would have been impossible to meet. It was strange to have a friend so nearby when we are both many thousands of miles from home and still be unable to visit. I'm glad his trip went well and that he returned home safely.
There are some interesting discussions in his "Comments" section so be sure to check those out as well.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home