Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I'm an idiot

A few days ago I was on radio watch and made a bit of a fool of myself. I was responsible for monitoring in case a mission came down and also to give a radio check every so often to make sure that everything was working properly. I put the radio in my pocket and went outside with my friend James to whine about similar girl problems (as always) we’d both been having back home. After about a ten-minute pity party of pathetic ranting I heard my call sign repeated over the radio. When I pulled it out of my pocket I realized that a soldier in my unit was desperately trying to get a hold of me to tell me that the radio was transmitting. I found out later that the stupid thing had broadcast our whole conversation to just about everyone in the camp. My Platoon Sergeant was in a meeting with my entire chain of command and said that the meeting was interrupted by what sounded like a particularly sad audio clip from “Sleepless in Seattle.” Well, needless to say the lesson has been learned. James and I no longer speak to each other until we’ve combed the area and switched off every radio we find.

Anticipating the sharp wit of family and friends, I’m gonna go ahead and turn the comments option off for this post. You can all keep your jokes to yourself!

0 Comments:

<< Home