Thursday, April 28, 2005

When there's nothing else to write about...

In recent news: On the walk back from chow Dave nearly fell down a manhole. Five minutes later a wasp the size of a hummingbird stung me on the neck. It was not a pleasant walk. Dave stepped on the edge of a loose manhole cover and almost fell 15 ft. into the sewer below. It was like a Looney Tunes cartoon or something. Luckily (I guess) he was able to catch himself while the 200 lb cover closed on his foot. His foot is now ugly and his dreams of being a ballerina are dashed. Has anybody seen the movie Misery?

The wasp that assaulted me was large enough to wear a turban, and I think I would recognize it’s face if I saw it again. Currently, he is still at large.

Dave and I are both recuperating nicely. The swelling in my neck has abated and Dave might be able to fit his boot back on his foot some time next week.

3 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Blogger Leann said...

I imagine the wasps over there must be something like the Camel Spiders. Scary even on a good day!

Hope you recooperate and tell your buddy to watch where he's walking..LOLOL That's a long *ss drop!!

 
At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

let's hope that's your only war wound.

 
At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep your wasp gun ready for the draw!!!!
Love,
Aunt Susie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home