Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Signed, sealed, delivered

Yesterday I had Rafudi deliver a letter to his father. I doubt that he will reply but it felt good to extend a hand and let him know that I am grateful to him and his family. Below is the letter (which a friend was kind enough to translate into Arabic):

Dear Sir,

Over the course of my time in your country I have had the good fortune to meet several of your children. A few of them have become my close friends. I have been away from my family for a very long time and miss them very much. Your kids remind me of my sisters and brothers back home and spending time in their company has eased the pain of being so far away from the home. I have come to care for your sons and daughters as I do my own relatives. With your permission I would like to continue contact with them after I have returned to America. It is my wish to be able to make sure that your family is safe from harm and that everyone is both happy and healthy. It would be my honor to send gifts from my country as thanks for their generosity and kindness. I would appreciate any suggestions you might have on how to make this goal a reality. Again Sir, thank you for allowing your children to become my friends. You have raised them well and I look forward to seeing them grow as intelligent and compassionate adults. If there is anything that I can do for you or your family please do not hesitate to let me know. May God bless you all.

With Sincere gratitude and respect
Joey

5 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, Blogger brainhell said...

Jackson, you are one cool dude. Lots of lips be flappin' about changing the world, but you are actually doing it, one small piece at a time. Thanks!

 
At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joey,

I don't know if you remember me from high school...Liz Palmquist...now Liz Miller..anyways Kelsey showed me your blog. Just wanted to say I enjoy reading about your adventures and learning about your passion for people.

Sincerely,
Liz

 
At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joey: I am a friend of your dad and want to encourage you to follow your heart. God is at work there. Also want you to know that I am praying for you.

 
At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joey -- Not only is the sentiment a sign of a noble nature, but the letter is remarkably gracious and respectful. You're a real gentleman.

 
At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joey -- Not only is the sentiment a sign of a noble nature, but the letter is remarkably gracious and respectful. You're a real gentleman.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home