Gozar hits the newsstands
When I was home on leave, the Willamette Week, a local weekly newspaper, asked me to come in for an interview. Here is the short question and answer piece that they printed in today's paper. Check it out and let me know what you think. Special thanks to Robert Hamrick for taking the time to sit down with me and for showing interest in how my unit is doing here.
(Please forgive the fiendish look on my face as depicted in the photo they used.)


9 Comments:
Sgt. Coon... that has a nice ring to it. You amaze me more and more every single day my sidekick. Keep it up... not that you have a choice now, Sgt.- Love Lori xoxo
Sgt, huh? That is pretty cool! My entire nursing class has been kept up to date over the past weeks on your where abouts and someone from class actually brought me the weekly, pretty cool actually :) I am proud of you! Just remember I am still older than you Sgt! hehe luv you and again so proud! Nic
In teresting interview, and you handled yourself well (just like a politician -- hint, hint).
I think the brain from hell (?) is correct. Politically savvy but not couched or pandering; something for everyone; & from the heart. Great job Sarge! I salute you and await further orders...
Sorry...previous post is from Uncle Petee
Hello! I read the article in WW and couldn't resist visiting your blog! I haven't had a chance to read a lot of it, but I wanted to say hello! I love what I've read so far and the pictures are amazing!
congrats on your promotion, from a sgt who has been over there ...stay safe
Joe - It was great to see you @ Neskowin. The WW article was awesome - well said. And congrats on the promotion - you probably make about 3 times as much as I do now. :) Maybe you can wear your new uniform when you and Matt come visit my classroom as guestspeakers. Be safe, Em
Hey Joey. You told me you were going to blog, but I didnt know how to find it until I saw the article in the WW. Good work over there. I am happy to here that you are making a difference. It sounds like your atitude isn't quite as cynical as it was in C battery. Sgt Coon does indeed have a good ring to it. I guess I wont be able to pretend I am going to make you push when you get back, since we are the same rank now. Take care of yourself. Sgt Chad Krezelok
Post a Comment
<< Home