When I went to Iraq I brought with me a set of body armor that I purchased from a manufacturing firm that supplied the troops, as well. I wanted something that would fit under a jacket and not look "too obvious." When I spoke to the salesman I told him that I had a question that I'm sure was asked by every normal male. He said, "I know exactly what you're going to ask, and, yes, we do carry special protection for that region of the body, as well." For another $200 I got a kevlar coated high impact ceramic jock strap. Unlike the one issued to the military, however, for which being "obvious" is not as much of an issue, mine could cause me to bleed to death if hit, since it would deflect fragments into the legs on either side, possibly causing injury to the arteries. I would, however, remain anatomically correct, which seemed more important. Tom G. Palmer
Tom- It might seem strange to the ladies, but sometimes a man is willing to give up a leg or two to maintain more valuable areas. So where did you say you bought that jock-strap? I'm not sure one layer of protection is sufficient for my peace of mind.
I'm a soldier in the Army National Guard currently serving a 12 month tour in Iraq. I am 24 and am going on my fifth year at the university where I study economics and philosophy. This blog is intended to be a collection of thoughts and experiences from my first preparation for deployment to the day I eventually return home. My ramblings in no way represent the official views of the State Department, Department of Defense, or of any other US soldiers. (Fingers crossed that this disclaimer wards off any future court martials)
3 Comments:
I'm sure it works fine. DO NOT TEST IT YOURSELF.
Kevin
When I went to Iraq I brought with me a set of body armor that I purchased from a manufacturing firm that supplied the troops, as well. I wanted something that would fit under a jacket and not look "too obvious." When I spoke to the salesman I told him that I had a question that I'm sure was asked by every normal male. He said, "I know exactly what you're going to ask, and, yes, we do carry special protection for that region of the body, as well." For another $200 I got a kevlar coated high impact ceramic jock strap. Unlike the one issued to the military, however, for which being "obvious" is not as much of an issue, mine could cause me to bleed to death if hit, since it would deflect fragments into the legs on either side, possibly causing injury to the arteries. I would, however, remain anatomically correct, which seemed more important.
Tom G. Palmer
Tom-
It might seem strange to the ladies, but sometimes a man is willing to give up a leg or two to maintain more valuable areas. So where did you say you bought that jock-strap? I'm not sure one layer of protection is sufficient for my peace of mind.
Post a Comment
<< Home