
Today I got to hang out a bit with my favorite local child. We call her "Elmo" most of the time because she always wears a red sweatshirt with an Elmo face on it. Today she fished with her brother and friend in a nearby irrigation canal. About an hour later she brought me over a water bottle filled with brown water and a dead fish floating in it. She said that she caught it for me and wanted me to keep it as a gift. I wish you could have seen her beaming face as she handed it over. Elmo was so proud of herself. Looking at the fish I was amazed that she was able to fit the thing in the bottle. It must have been at least three times bigger around than the mouth of the container, which probably explains the cause of death. That little girl knows I can't resist giving her anything and everything I might have in my pockets. I always have to shoo her away (because I have work to do) but she always seems to wonder back to talk or to sit and watch us. I have to act like I'm getting angry and that I want her to go, but it's difficult not to smile.


3 Comments:
hey*Gozar, (Joey)
it will all come to this: L.O.V.E. and you are part of that reality*.
L.esson O.pportunity V.ariety E.volution
take*care . . .
Love*Rulz
I have trouble keeping a straight face when I am trying to appear stern to my kids, but for a different reason.
I know the kids you see are great, and I don't want to be negative, but after all that hanging around they do with you, someone debriefs them. Maybe someone friendly, maybe someone trying to figure out your MO. I would assume that your training includes this awareness. Those kids will have fond memories of you even after this war is over.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home