Friday, August 13, 2004

If you want my vote, stay out of Oregon!

That's it, now I'm pissed. It's one thing when he decides it's time for me to go to Iraq (that was inevitable), but quite another when Bush's visit to Portland keeps me stuck in traffic half the day, makes me late for an important appointment, and forces me to take four detours just to drive the five miles back home. Complete gridlock at noon on a Friday? Unacceptable. As my grandfather, who until recently had been a Republican his whole life, famously stated, "Mr. Bush, I cannot abide." Who would have thought that an important decision like who I am going to vote for as the next President would be decided on I-5. Of course Kerry is in town too, and the likelihood that his entourage will ruin a commute or two is high. By the end of this weekend I'm going to be a Nader supporter by default.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home