Beach, blades and bread
Well I'm back from the beach and I had a blast. I can't say that I was on my best behavior the whole time, but despite a few altercations, it was a great vacation. Some family friends of mine were married while we were there and the reception was one hell of a drunken dance party. The brides brother Ben had the brilliant idea of ordering two kegs of the darkest, most syrup like beer that I'd ever had. It sure tasted great, but at about 2am after I'd had more than a few cups of the stuff I felt like I'd eaten a dozen loaves of bread. I'm still trying to recuperate, not from the alcohol itself but the sheer caloric intake.
On our way into town one afternoon, my friends and I were discussing the fact that the bride and groom really ought to have a nice sword to cut the wedding cake with. This might seem like an odd conversation topic, but in my circle it was just an obvious conclusion. No sooner did I bring the idea up, we passed a sword stand on the side of the road. I kid you not. A stand that sold absolutely nothing but swords. As it was obviously fated, we stopped to take a look. We found the perfect cake cutting blade and ventured up to the man behind the table to haggle a price. Well apparently my friend Matt is one hell of a haggler. He offered the guy 18 bucks for the thing and the vendor made a counter offer of 15 bucks. SOLD!
Standing to the side, drinking my second loaf of bread, I watched as the groom unsheathed the sword from his belt and chopped the cheesecake into bits. For a moment I thought he was going to feed it to the bride from the tip of the sword. Thank god he thought better of it. I'd hate to be resposible for any loss of body parts. Well, I've got many more beach stories to tell and Army updates, but as you can imagine this close to Mob. day, I have a few errands to run. Check back soon.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home