Monday, October 03, 2005

For the love of fruit

We have a pomegranate tree in one of our courtyards. Pomegranates are definitely in the lead as my favorite fruit and I have waited patiently since we arrived here (eons ago) for the tree to produce fruit. But it seems the damn tree isn’t going to offer me a single morsel of fruit larger than a grape. My morale has sunk to an all time low. It may have something to do with the habit of some soldiers to drain their mop buckets at the base of my tree. I guess a fruit tree nourished with Pine Sol and water from the bathroom floor doesn’t feel up to the task. My next step will be to place triple strand barbwire around the trunk to keep polluters from dashing my dreams. If that doesn’t work I’m going to have to post an armed guard.

1 Comments:

At 7:52 AM, Blogger brainhell said...

But where ill the armed guard pee? ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home